Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lemon Coconut Cookies

This is another awesome recipe from Pinterest. The original blog post was for Chewy Lime Sugar Cookies. They sounded so good! The recipe is very similar to my Snickerdoodles recipe, but with a tropical twist. I couldn't wait to get limes in my Bountiful Basket! Before I got limes, I got giant lemons, so I thought I'd try to substitute lemon zest and juice for the lime zest and juice. It was a complete success! So use whichever fruit you have on hand, or if you have to buy a lemon or a lime, just go for the one you like best!



Lemon Coconut Cookies

adapted from My Baking Addiction


2 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
zest of 1/2 large lemon, or 1 large lime
3 Tbs. lemon or lime juice
1/2 c. toasted coconut
1/2 c. sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, zest, and juice. Gradually mix in dry ingredients and coconut. Roll into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until edges barely start to brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment