Monday, March 26, 2012

Guacamole Salsa

I didn't get a Bountiful Basket on Saturday because I still had a lot of produce from the last two or three weeks to use up, but I ordered one today for this Saturday so I'm looking forward to that! I stumbled across this recipe on Pinterest right after I got my Mexican pack. I had originally planned to make salsa verde with my tomatillos, but after I saw this recipe, I decided to try it instead. I was not disappointed! We put it on burritos, quesadillas, and chips, and it was yummy every time!


Guacamole Salsa
Adapted from Frosted Bake Shop

1 1/2 lb. tomatillos, peeled and quartered
1 jalapeno, chopped
1/3 bunch of cilantro (probably about a cup)
1 thick slice onion (probably a tablespoon or two)
1 garlic clove
2 avocados, halved and peeled
1 tsp. salt

Put everything in a blender, making sure to add the tomatillos first. Blend until smooth. That's it! It might help the pulse a few times at first to get the tomatillos going, but once they break up and release their liquid, everything else should blend easily. Makes about 3 1/2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment