Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Taco Seasoning

I don't know about your house, but tacos are definitely a favorite at our house! One day (some time last year, I think) I wanted to make tacos but I didn't have any taco seasoning. I pulled up allrecipes.com and searched for a recipe. I picked the one with the best rating and tried it out. I've never bought a packet of taco seasoning since then.



Taco Seasoning
from allrecipes.com

4 Tbs. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. paprika
2 Tbs. cumin
4 tsp. sea salt
4 tsp. black pepper

Mix all ingredients and store in airtight container. 2 Tbs. mix equals 1 packet of store-bought taco seasoning. 

For taco meat, brown 1 lb. ground beef and drain. Add 2 Tbs. seasoning along with 2 tsp. cornstarch dissolved in 2/3 c. water. If desired, add 1 can of chili beans. Simmer until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment