Sunday, July 1, 2012

Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip

This is another Pinterest gem! I think I pinned it last week, and thank goodness, because I got three bags (three!) of apples from Bountiful Baskets this week. I whipped up a low fat version of the original recipe today and it's a keeper! In addition to adjusting the ingredients to sugar free and fat free versions, I also omitted the crushed graham crackers. I'm sure they would be very good, but I forgot to buy some at the store, and honestly, it's an extra step, and you all know how I hate extra steps. If I were to add graham cracker crumbs, I would add them straight to the dip instead of dipping individual apple slices into the crumbs. That would be great if I were taking this to a party, where it would mostly likely be eaten up within a few hours, but I plan to keep it in my fridge and snack on it all week, so graham cracker crumbs would get mushy and yucky.


Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip

adapted from Cooking Classy


8 oz. fat free cream cheese
1/2 c. sugar free caramel topping

Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until fluffy. Add caramel and beat until smooth. Serve with sliced apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment