Monday, July 23, 2012

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

I pinned these a long time ago on Pinterest and really wanted to try them, but I never could remember to get all the stuff to make them in my kitchen at the same time. I had oranges, but I didn't have vanilla chips. I had vanilla chips, but I didn't have any oranges. Then I went to a doTERRA class and the lady teaching the class gave everyone a free bottle of wild orange essential oil. You can't ingest all essential oils, but doTERRA has several that are safe to ingest, and wild orange is one of them. Light bulb! Substitute wild orange essential oil for the orange zest! The cookies turned out delicious!


Orange Creamsicle Cookies

from The Girl Who Ate Everything


2 1/2 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. orange zest or 16-20 drops doTERRA wild orange essential oil
2 c. vanilla chips

Preheat oven to 375°. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl and set aside. In large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add egg, vanilla, and essential oil or zest. Mix well. Add in flour mixture and mix until dough forms. Stir in vanilla chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges barely start to brown. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment