Monday, July 2, 2012

This Week's Basket

Holy moly, it was another awesome week for Bountiful Baskets. I got so much stuff that I think I might have to skip next week! In addition to my regular basket, I also purchased a Mexican pack, so I also got plenty of anaheim, poblano, and jalapeƱo peppers, avocados, limes, cilantro, garlic, and even more onions. I can't wait to make something delicious with all that.


This week my basket included celery, butternut squash, grape tomatoes, green peppers, onions, romaine lettuce, apples (I got three bags!), cantaloupe, bananas, green grapes, and cherries. Most of these things make great snacks which works good for me when my husband is working out of town, but here are a few other ideas:

Celery: ants on a log, dip in spinach dip or dill dip, chop and freeze for later use

Butternut squash: I've never had butternut squash before, but Pinterest is full of recipes that look delicious, like butternut squash fries, butternut squash pancakes, and butternut squash mac & cheese.

Grape tomatoes: pasta salad, Fritos salad, dip in spinach dip

Green peppers: slow cooker pepper steak, stuffed peppers, Fritos salad, pasta salad, dip in spinach dip, chicken fajitas

Onions: onion rings, chicken fajitas, slow cooker pepper steak, chop and freeze for later use

Romaine lettuce: lettuce wraps, Fritos salad, green salad

Apples: dip in caramel cheesecake apple dip, apple pie, apple crisp, baked apples, apple cobbler

Cantaloupe: chop and eat

Bananas: smoothies, frozen banana bites, banana "ice cream"

Green grapes: frozen, grape salad

Cherries: cherry cobbler, cherries jubilee

No comments:

Post a Comment