Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pineapple Cream Cheese Spread

I forgot to take a picture of this but I wanted to share the recipe while you all still have celery to eat up!

My mother-in-law loves this pineapple cream cheese spread that you can only get during the holiday season. It comes in a little tiny glass jar and it's a really good filling for celery sticks. A couple nights ago my in-laws invited me over for a barbecue and I immediately started thinking of ways to use up the two bunches of celery I got from Bountiful Baskets. I was just about to start thawing frozen spinach to make spinach dip when I thought about the pineapple cream cheese that my mother-in-law likes so much. I knew I had cream cheese and pineapple so I went to my Swagbucks search engine to see if I could find a copycat recipe.

I was in a hurry so I tried the first one I found. Someone had reviewed it and said it tasted just like the spread that comes in the little glass jars. Perfect! I thought it tasted really good in celery! I took it over to my in-laws and my mother-in-law said it's pretty close to the real thing. I can't testify to that because I really don't remember what the real thing tastes like. Either way, it's something different to fill your celery sticks!

Pineapple Cream Cheese Spread

from cooks.com


3/4 c. crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
1 Tbs. Miracle Whip (I used light)
1 Tbs. sugar
2 Tbs. pineapple juice
1 drop yellow food coloring, optional

Combine ingredients and beat with electric mixer until smooth. Add nuts if desired. Spoon into celery sticks or serve as a dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment