Saturday, April 7, 2012

Bird Nests

Many years ago, my aunt brought little bird nests made out of chow mein noodles to our Easter picnic. A few years later when I asked her about them, she couldn't remember making them. Go figure, right? A couple months ago it occurred to me that someone probably put the recipe for them on their blog! I was right! I don't know if it's the same recipe as my aunt's because to be honest I really don't remember what they tasted like, I just remember that I liked them. Aren't they cute? I can't wait to eat one, but I'm saving them for our picnic tomorrow!



Bird Nests

adapted from The Curvy Carrot


6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
6 oz. butterscotch chips
1 c. peanut butter
1 1/2 (5 oz.) cans chow mein noodles
candy eggs (I used Cadbury ones)

Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. In medium bowl, combine chips and peanut butter. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between each one, until smooth (mine took 1 1/2 minutes). Add chow mein noodles and fold in gently until evenly coated.  Divide evenly among muffin tins. You might have to use your fingers to create a little indentation in each one to hold the eggs. Refrigerate until set. Use a butter knife to loosen each nest from its tin. Place a few candy eggs in each nest. Ta-da! Adorable!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment