Monday, April 30, 2012

Dry Rub for Pork

Last year we got into smoking meats at our house. I'm too impatient to babysit the smoker, so that's my husband's job, but I get the meat ready for him to smoke. Depending on the meat, that may mean brining, marinating, or simply seasoning. We went to Costco this weekend and bought five pounds of pork chops, so this afternoon we're smoking pork chops, and they just need a dry rub. Ideally, I would have put the dry rub on last night, but well...I was tired and didn't feel like it. So I got up and did it this morning. We're going to smoke our pork chops, but I have no doubt that this dry rub would be awesome for grilling or even using in the slow cooker, which I actually have done. I used it in a recipe for slow cooker barbecue pork and it turned out great. We also use it mostly for pork (ribs, chops, butt, tenderloin, etc.), but I'm pretty sure I've used it on chicken before and it was great.



Dry Rub for Pork


3 Tbs. brown sugar
1 1/2 Tbs. paprika
1 1/2 Tbs. salt
1/2 Tbs. black pepper
1/2 Tbs. garlic powder

Mix ingredients together and rub on pork. For best results, let it marinate overnight, but 6-8 hours is better than nothing. Grill or smoke as desired. One batch should easily season 5 lbs. of meat, if not a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment