Friday, May 18, 2012

Cake Mix Chip Cookies

I am a big fan of cake mixes. I know, I know, there's a big push right now about moving away from processed foods and making your own mixes, etc., but cake mixes are just not something I'm willing to give up right now. I can buy them cheaply by the case and then whenever I need a cake it takes 10 minutes tops to have one mixed up and baking in the oven. Plus, I can make all sorts of other things like cookies!

I do have a disclaimer about this recipe. If you make a regular chocolate chip cookie with yellow or white cake mix and chocolate chips, you'll get a good cookie, but it's probably not going to be the best chocolate chip cookie you've ever had. However, the possibilities for mixing and matching cakes mixes and chip flavors are endless, and it only takes a few minutes to whip up a batch of cookies if you're in a hurry, and that's why I love this recipe. My favorite combinations are devil's food cake mix with chocolate chips and devil's food cake mix with vanilla chips, but have fun with it! If I ever find cherry flavored chips (I know they exist, I just haven't come across them yet) you better believe I'm going to make cherry chip cookies using cherry chip cake mix and cherry chips!

Devil's Food Cake Mix with Chocolate Chips

Cake Mix Chip Cookies



1 box cake mix
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cake mix, butter, egg, and vanilla until dough forms. Stir in chips. Place rounded spoonfuls of dough on greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes or until edges just start to brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely (just kidding, we all know you're going to eat them warm while the chips are still gooey and delicious).

No comments:

Post a Comment