Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pasta Salad

I had a hard time deciding if I should post this recipe, because it's more of an idea than a recipe. You can do whatever you want with it. You can use any pasta you want, any salad dressing you want, and any vegetables you want. You can even add pepperoni and cheese. I hardly ever make this salad the same way twice because I just use whatever I got in my Bountiful Basket. This week was no different. I used a tomato, a cucumber, and a green bell pepper because that's what I had. I used Kraft Light Zesty Italian, but it's also good with Kraft House Italian, and Kraft Caesar Vinaigrette with Parmesan is my personal favorite. I didn't use it this time because it doesn't come in a light version. You could even whip up your own dressing using this Italian dressing mix. The possibilities are endless! Have fun with it!


Pasta Salad


1 (13.25 oz.) box whole wheat rotini (if you use a pasta that comes in a 16 oz. package, use it all)
1 tomato, diced
1 cucumber, half lengthwise and sliced
1 bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced olives, drained
2/3 (16 oz.) bottle Italian dressing

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until pasta is cold. Add to large bowl along with tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and olives. Pour salad dressing over everything and stir until well coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment