Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tropical Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette

This is a great recipe to try if you got pineapple, strawberries, and mangoes in your Bountiful Basket this week, or kiwis in your tropical pack. I'm partial to serving it with Kalua Pig, but I'm sure it would be good with anything! Normally I would use the romaine lettuce that came in my basket, but this week I had iceberg lettuce leftover from last week that needed used up. The original recipe only calls for pineapple, but I've found that kiwis and strawberries are awesome additions. I am stingy with my mangoes so I didn't add one into the salad, but I bet that would be good too.



Tropical Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette

adapted from allrecipes.com


1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 c. pineapple juice
1/4 c. olive oil
3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
1 head lettuce, chopped
1 c. diced fresh pineapple
1 kiwi, peeled and diced
6 strawberries, sliced
1/2 c. chopped macadamia nuts, toasted
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 c. toasted flaked coconut

Combine pineapple juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well. In large bowl mix together lettuce, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, macadamia nuts, onions, coconut, and bacon. Just before serving, toss with vinaigrette.

No comments:

Post a Comment