Saturday, May 5, 2012

Today's Basket

On occasion, I get carried away when I order my Bountiful Basket. Every once in a while I will log on to order and there will be so many great add-ons that I can't resist. This week was one of those times! I ordered my basket, a tropical pack, a Mexican pack, a flat of strawberries, and tortillas. I guess I won't be needing a basket next week! Or maybe even the week after that, for that matter. I won't bore you with my ideas for my tropical and Mexican packs because I'm guessing that wouldn't apply to as many people, but I wanted to post pictures of them to give you an idea of what's in them.

Regular Basket
My regular basket had red potatoes, jicama, romaine lettuce, green beans, tomatoes, artichokes, a beet, pineapple, mangoes, strawberries, bananas, and green apples. Here are some basic ideas that are running through my head:

Red potatoes: fried with bacon, cheesy potato chowder

Jicama: cut into sticks and dip salsa or hummus

Romaine lettuce: green salad, Fritos salad

Green beans: roasted, steamed, or sauteed

Tomatoes: salsa, salads

Artichokes: steamed

Beet: I only got one, so I'm a little stumped, but I was thinking about roasting it

Pineapple: smoothies, grilled, raw

Mangoes: smoothies, raw

Strawberries: smoothies, raw

Bananas: smoothies, raw, tropical banana bread

Green apples: smoothies, raw

Tropical Pack
My tropical pack had pineapple, a mango, kiwis, a coconut, limes, vanilla beans, a plantain, and mint.

Mexican Pack
My Mexican pack had avocados, limes, cilantro, onions, garlic, green onions, poblano peppers, Anaheim peppers (at least I think that's what they are), and tomatillos.

No comments:

Post a Comment