Saturday, May 12, 2012

Today's Basket

I almost didn't buy a Bountiful Basket this week because I bought so many add-ons last week, but at the last minute I panicked at the thought of running out of fruit so I hurried and ordered one. Since I've almost used up all the fruit from my basket, tropical pack, and 8 lbs. of strawberries I bought last week, I'm really glad I got a basket today.


Today's basket included red potatoes, romaine lettuce, avocados, spinach, tomatoes, blackberries, bananas, honey dew melon, pineapple, apples, mangoes, and apricots. Everything is pretty straight forward this week, plus I'm too tired to be creative today. Most of my fruit will go into smoothies or be eaten as afternoon snacks. The spinach will probably go into smoothies, or I might get crazy and make a strawberry spinach salad. If I do, I'll let you know. The avocados will probably become guacamole, and the tomatoes might become salsa, but other than that, I think I'll have a boring week. Boring, but tasty and full of fruits and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment