Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been making snickerdoodles since I was in the 5th grade, but for some reason, I could never get chocolate chip cookies to turn out. They always turned out flat and hard. I gave up trying for several years, and just stuck to making other cookies. My husband loves chocolate chip cookies, so on occasion, I would buy refrigerated dough and bake it for him. Some time last year I decided I should probably try to make chocolate chip cookies again. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and wow! Not only did they turn out, but they really are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had. Now I make them regularly.


Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

from allrecipes.com


1 c. butter, softened
1 c. white sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. hot water
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°. Cream together butter and both sugars until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then mix in vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water, then add to batter. Add salt and mix well. Add flour and mix well, then stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool, but be sure to eat at least one warm cookie while the chocolate chips are still good and gooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment