Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pizza Mac & Cheese

This dish is not pretty. It's not fancy. It's not what I would call healthy. It's easy, yummy, and my toddler gobbles it up. If that's the sort of food you like, read on! I can't remember where I got the recipe, but I think it was from a Taste of Home cookbook, most likely Fast Fixes with Mixes. I've been making it for a long time now. I usually reserve it for lunch or dinner when it's just me and the kiddo. My husband doesn't love pizza as much as I do, so I don't think he'd be much of a fan of this.


Pizza Mac & Cheese


1 box macaroni and cheese + ingredients to prepare
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 oz. (about 17 slices) turkey pepperoni
1/4 c. shredded mozzarella

Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. I use the lower fat instructions, but that's up to you. Add tomato sauce, oregano, basil, garlic powder, pepperoni, and mozzarella. Return to low heat and cook until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment