Monday, June 18, 2012

This Week's Basket

It was another awesome week for Bountiful Baskets! I'll be out of town next weekend so I'm glad I got a lot of stuff. Hopefully it will last a couple weeks until I can get another basket!


This week my basket included potatoes, mushrooms, cucumbers, romaine lettuce, spaghetti squash, plums, apricots, grapes, pineapple, watermelon, and bananas. I know I haven't been very consistent with my posts lately, and I know you need recipes before your produce goes bad, so I thought today I could include a few links for recipes I don't have on my blog.

Potatoes: potato salad, funeral potatoes, or fried potatoes with bacon

Mushrooms: deep fried mushrooms, kabobs, or sauteed mushrooms (yummy on steak)

Cucumbers: cucumbers in vinegar, various salads, or slice and eat with veggie dip

Romaine lettuce: green salad or grilled romaine

Spaghetti squash: cook in slow cooker and serve with pasta sauce (I can't wait to try this!)

Plums: plum-apple butter (I have made this and it's really good) or plum buckle (I think I'll make this this week)

Apricots: apricot freezer jam (use this recipe but use apricots instead of strawberries or use half of each)

Grapes: grape salad (I have a recipe but it's a family recipe and I can't share it, so use this one) or freeze and eat (so yummy when it's hot)

Pineapple: cut into chunks and eat, grill, or cut into spears, roll in toasted coconut, and freeze

Watermelon: cut into chunks and eat

Bananas: banana "ice cream" or frozen banana bites (careful, these are addicting)

No comments:

Post a Comment