Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mexican Shredded Beef

We really like Mexican food at our house. I would guess that I cook something with Mexican flavor at least once a week. One of my favorites is shredded beef tacos. You cook the beef in the slow cooker all day, then shred it and serve it however you like. The leftovers freeze well, so in a few weeks you can have shredded beef enchiladas, which is exactly what I made for a dinner a few nights ago. The original recipe calls for white wine, but we're not wine drinkers and it doesn't make sense to buy a whole bottle of wine when I just need a cup, so I use beef broth instead. If you are a wine drinker go for the wine! Let me know how it turns out!


Mexican Shredded Beef

adapted from allrecipes.com


1 (4 lb.) frozen rump roast
1 c. beef broth
2 (7.75 oz.) cans Mexican style hot tomato sauce
3 Tbs. minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1 bunch green onions, chopped (I usually leave these out)
1 c. chopped fresh cilantro

Place frozen roast in slow cooker. Pour broth, tomato sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper on top. Cover and cook on low for 9 hours. Shred roast, return to slow cooker, and stir in onions and cilantro. Serve as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment