Thursday, June 21, 2012

Piña Colada Pops

I've gotten a lot of pineapples from Bountiful Baskets lately and I've been trying to think of something different to do with them. As I was flipping through the new Weight Watchers magazine I saw these and just had to try them! I love frozen fruit as a treat when it's hot.

The recipe says to dip the pineapple spears into pineapple juice before rolling it in coconut, but my pineapple was really juicy and the coconut seemed to stick just fine, so I didn't bother with that step. You might try it if you have trouble getting the coconut to stick to the pineapple.


Piña Colada Pops


1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 8 spears
3/4 c. shredded coconut, toasted
8 popsicle sticks

Insert sticks into ends of pineapple spears. Roll each one in coconut and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Freeze for at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment